November 15, 2016

LA ROCHE-POSAY: EFFACLAR DUO +


Another beauty post for you guys :)

I may be listening to Michael Buble’s Christmas album and thinking about Christmas. It will soon be here so I’m definitely allowed to start listening all of the Christmas songs. It also got really chilly here where I live so I guess autumn is over which makes me sad because no more vibrant colours and warmer days. Now all I can expect are those grey days-who wants that? I just want snow and high temperatures, but that’s not possible so I’m stuck with what we have here (sad and angry at the same time).

I have to admit that with these colder days I definitely use more products for my body. The cold makes my skin so dry and dull. I love discovering new hand and face creams. I definitely need a good face cream to be honest, because my makeup game has to be strong 365 days a year hehe and winter is no exception. I feel my skin dries out quicker in winter so I always need a good base for my makeup. So today I want to share with you a new face cream that I recently received. It is by La Roche-Posay called Effaclar Duo +.

This cream is mainly targeted for people, who have marks on their skin from acne, for oily skin, it controls the appearance of shine, unclogs pores and many other things. My skin is definitely acne prone skin so I was really glad I got this in my hands because I am always on the hunt for new creams to cure my acne. I also have a lot of scars and redness on my face because of that, so I thought this would be a great product for me. I have to point out that with this product I wanted to see if it would be good as a base for my makeup.

When I first applied it on my face, I realised that little goes a long way. I didn’t have to use a big amount of it at all. The cream was so easy to apply with my fingers and it felt so smooth. It does have a slight tint to it but if I can work with it, everyone else can too. When I smeared it all over my face, I saw that it definitely had colour in it but it didn’t contradict my skin tone. Bear in mind that my skin is very light and almost none of the shades suit me but this one did its job.

When I let it dry, I applied my makeup. The whole makeup was really nice. I didn’t have any problems applying it on, the cream was absorbed quickly and it left no shine after it. Also my makeup stayed on for quite some time without me having to correct it. Still I have to admit that after some time I was a bit shiny on my T-zone. It wasn’t too drastic or anything but I still reached for my compact powder to mattify it.

The cream itself is very nice. It feels very light on your face, it absorbs quickly and if you don’t feel like wearing full on makeup that day, you can definitely get away with just this cream, concealer and a mascara and you’ll look great.

Regarding other effects that it says it has on your skin, I can’t just say it yet. I haven’t used the cream for that long to see any changes and to be honest I mainly wanted to see how it works as a makeup base because it is very moisturizing and therefore perfect for winter. It does say you have to use it daily to see the results but I didn’t. If you want me to test it for the reasons stated above, just let me know in the comments.

All in all this product is really good and in my opinion perfect for winter time. Have you tried any of the La Roche-Posay products? If you did, let me know in the comments below so I can check them out.

Where to get it: Worldwide

                          Slovenia

                          I also saw you can get it in Boots and other Drugstores/pharmacies.

Talk to you soon. Bye




No comments:

Post a Comment

You make my day by leaving a comment.